Sunday, 26 June 2016

A short getaway to Pulau Besar!


We went to Pulau Besar with our cousins somewhere in 2012. We traveled from Puchong to Melaka by car with guidance of my cousin brother.  You can go to Anjung Batu Jetty at Melaka Raya to take ferry. It will cost only RM 14. For more details you can visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Besar_(Malacca).

It takes only about 5 – 10 mins to reach the island. Ya, I forgot to mention, Pulau Besar is a small Island in Melaka, Malaysia. We took a van upon reaching the island and reached the Tomb of Sheikh Ismail in less than 5 mins. From there we walked to almshouse called Wakaf Sultan Arrifin which is located few meter from the tomb. And all these places located exactly at seashore. Just in few steps you can steep your feet into the sea.

You can stay at almshouse for free. No bed or air condition. Fans and lights will be turn on at 7pm. They will provide you breakfast, lunch, tea break and Dinner. All for free and unconditional.  All you need to do is, just wake up at proper lunch time, dinner time and breakfast. However we donate RM 50 each for courtesy. Or you can stay in your own camp or you can rental from any camp providers in surrounding area. There is nice chalet also there. I saw only one resort providing the chalet facilities. D’Puteri Kurnia Resort.  Lot of small stalls and restaurants in surrounding area but the food provided by the almshouse are most delicious. Don’t expect varieties. It is very simple foods. Morning we ate fried mee, lunch we have no idea as we reached there after lunch and leave the place before lunch. Dinner just a bowl of rice with 1 piece of mutton curry and it was so tasty. The almshouse is maintained by some Indian Muslims who settled in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. That's what we have been told. After few minutes of rest at almshouse, my family and I walked along the seashore and in jungles till 7pm (i guess) and there after I took my bath at the public toilet cum bathroom. I found  there is 2 public toilets. One is near Mosque and Tomb and another one is at almshouse. Both are very clean. You have to pay RM 1 for bath. 

After our dinner, we went to a very quiet and nice place with small and long wall which located exactly at seashore. We sat over there and turned on music where we enjoyed singing and gaving a good laugh together. We sat there until 12am before heading to the almshouse. At night, we all fhad problems in sleeping as there were too many mosquitoes. I especially got up every hour. Finally I got up at 5am and after my bath I went to a rock under a big tree at seashore. I lay on the rock and simply listening to birds sound and sea wave until 8am.


Pulau Besar is definitely a great place for jungle tracking. I don't know why Tourism Malaysia never promote this site. However if it is visited by thousand traveler and pilgrimages, definitely the beauty of nature and silence of the jungle will lost in human crowd and rubbish. Pulau Besar also a great place for camp fire and meditation. All the spiritual places I visited previously is purely spiritual but this one surrounded with undisturbed nature, birds sounds and sound of sea wave. This land can awaken your “nature”. I returned to my homeland with full of joy, unconditional love, forgiveness, humbleness. It was a fun time we had in Pulau Besar though mostly, we visited the tombs. 

A picture of the sea view! 

No comments:

Post a Comment