I have never been to public libraries before due to
many unstated reasons. One of it mainly is due to lack of transportation
facility somehow or rather. Being so, one day we students of class 6 Sastera 2
were given the opportunity by our class teacher to go to a public library
located in Shah Alam which I have never heard of for an assignment purpose.
It’s known as Raja Tun Uda Public Library or more commonly as Perpustakaan Raja
Tun Uda. With full of enthusiasm, I surfed the web to get the gist on how the
library looks and if it is worth going to. To my surprise, I was absolutely
baffled by all the images that showed up in the search engines. I thought it
was just a fake picture and let it go through as I did not want keep my
expectations high.
The following week, it was our fieldtrip day and all
of us were looking forward to going to the library. Upon arriving at the
library, the entrance looked exactly how it was in the picture I saw. Slightly
thrilled and excited, we entered the library. It was nothing much at the
beginning as the entrance looked like a receptionist table at any office. We
were allowed to visit the kids section on the right part of the library as we
reached early. I was stunned to see it. That section was completely designed for
kids with storybooks, board games, play station and many more. And then we were
directed to the actual part of the library which was located on the left side.
Man, I was out of words to describe what I was seeing right in front of me.
Words will not live up to the description on how majestic that library looked.
The best I would say for it was complete with up to
date gadgets and not to mention that 6D cinema. Besides the normal facilities
typical of a library, one can also exercise here to get their body in shape.
There are gyms with the latest equipment that one can use while they are there.
Coin lockers are also provided for them to keep their bags while visiting the
library. Computers with internet connection are also available for rent for
RM1/hour. This library overlooks the lake which is located just next to the the
building and provides a good view from the library.
As for the membership, residents of Selangor
can apply for FREE membership using their MYKAD. Each member can borrow up to 3
books for 3 weeks. Renewal of the books can be done by phone after that
provided no one has placed a booking for the books. Audio
video CDs/DVDs can be borrowed if one joins as a member of the audio video
section. The membership fee is RM20/year. One can borrow up to 3 CD/DVD for 3
weeks. Weekly activities are also carried out and visitors of any age could
participate in them.
I fell in love with that library so much so that I
would be spending my entire weekend over there if only I had a car. Had no
heart to leave the library that made me feel like I was on a magical land
throughout my trip there. We were quite sad that it the trip came to an end too
quick.
No comments:
Post a Comment